Home Learning Packs
Underneath each class symbol you will find a scanned version of the home learning packs that have been sent home this week. These packs provide maths and English based activities for children to complete at home in the event of being required to isolate due to Covid-19.
Please don’t worry if your child sometimes finds the work from their year group a bit tricky to complete independently. If you would like them to have a try at some of the activities from a different year group, that is fine. It is often easier to learn independence by completing work that is a bit easier which then builds confidence. The same can be said for challenge too, so if your child is feeling confident, then let them dip into the work of the next year group.
The National Literacy Trust
Family Zone is full of free activities and ideas to keep your child busy at home, whilst also benefiting their reading, writing and language development. Select an age group below to get the latest resources.
Useful links for supporting your child’s education at home
We have compiled a list of resources to help you continue your child’s education at home:
- BBC Bitesize Learning activities for all ages.
- The Oak National Academy Learning materials and teacher led classes for all ages.
- Challenge Nottingham! Whilst children are at home due to Covid-19, here’s an exhaustive list of free activities for ages 0 to 18 to keep them busy and entertained. The majority are from Nottingham’s own cultural organisations and artists. There’s everything from creating artworks to keeping fit with the Toilet Roll Challenge!
- Kapow! Primary school teaching resources Inspiring demo videos and lesson plans for subjects beyond the core curriculum.
- Top Marks Free learning games and activities for children aged 3-14.
- Oxford Owl for Home Lots of free resources for Primary age.
- Twinkl Lots of learning resources, which are usually at a fee, but they are offering a month of free access to parents in the event of school closures. Use offer code: UKTWINKLEHELPS when setting up your account.
- Classroom Secrets Resource packs for each year group to help your students learn from home.
- DK Find Out Activities and quizzes.
- Toy Theater Educational online games.
- BBC Live Lessons Live lessons in a variety of subjects for children in KS1, KS2 and KS3.
- Cbeebies Radio Listening activities for the younger ones.
- BBC School Radio Learning resources for primary schools offering video, audio and downloads for Early Years, KS1 and KS2 covering music, dance, history, collective worship, literacy and maths.
- Phonics Play Interactive games and resources for parents. Free to use during school closure. Log on with Username: march20 password: home.
- British Council Resources for English language learning.
- Daily Phonics videos (Reception, Year 1 & Year 2).
- Maths Zone Lots of maths games that children can play.
- Maths Chase Maths Chase is a completely free home online learning tool where children can play times tables games, along with many other mathematics skill-based games! The site features many simple learning games which children can play at home.
- The Wildlife Trust’s 30 Days Wild Challenge Lots of simple outdoor activities.
- Mystery Science Free science lessons.
- Nature Detectives A lot of these can be done in a garden, or if you can get to a remote forest location!
- KidsGardening Fun activities that provide opportunities for families to learn together, while encouraging love for nature and the environment.
- The Artful Parent Good, free art activities.
- Red Ted Art Easy arts and crafts for little ones.
- The Imagination Tree Creative art and craft activities for the very youngest.
- Beginners Cartoon Class Sheffield artist, Pete McKee, ran a cartoon beginner class via his YouTube channel.
- Wellbeing There are lots of ideas for keeping active on our wellbeing page.
- Change4Life 10-minute ideas for keeping your children active indoors.
- Little Legs Health, wellbeing and fun for the whole family through yoga, zumba, mindfulness and massage.
- Kids’ workouts to do at home Joe Wicks guides you through some child friendly workouts you can do in your own home.
- Disney Dance-Along These Disney dance-alongs are a perfect, and fun, way to get active with the children.
- National Geographic Kids Activities and quizzes for younger children.
- Geography Games Packed with facts and information for children to explore.
- Duolingo Learn languages for free. Web or app.
- Hour of Code Learn or continue to learn coding with Hour of Code. Suitable for all levels.
- Tinkercad Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It’s used by teachers, kids, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design and make anything!
- Rainbow Stripes Sing, dance, jam, laugh, play and learn with Rainbow Stripes. This musical duo regularly visit our Nursery and Early Years settings, but your children don’t have to miss out while they’re not in school.
- 5 Minute Mum Simple, easy five minute games and activities for little children, aged 1-5 (but can be adapted for older children too).
Other useful sites and resources
- Teaching Race: Education resources for parents and teachers.
- Check list for supporting learning at home routine. You don’t have to do everything, but it could structure to your day.
- Pinterest Use Pinterest to search for ideas on all sorts of activities. Other people have already done the leg work so you can find great ideas to use at home.
- Amazing Educational Resources An extensive list of education websites which can be used to help with home educating your child.
Explaining Coronavirus to Children
- Explaining Coronavirus to children If you’re struggling to explain coronavirus to your child and reassure them at this unsettling time, let nurse Dotty and Dave the dog help.