At Tannery Drift First School we endeavour to:
- Promote equality of treatment and equal access to educational opportunity within the school community;
- Create a calm, purposeful and happy atmosphere within the school which enables all children to access the curriculum;
- Foster positive caring attitudes towards everyone, in the community by promoting respect, courtesy, tolerance, teamwork, trust and honesty;
- Acknowledge and value achievements at all levels in an environment that encourages pride in effort as well as achievement;
- Encourage increasing independence and self-discipline so that each child learns to accept responsibility for his/her own behaviour;
- Apply a consistent approach to behaviour throughout the school, in partnership with parents and carers;
- Make boundaries of acceptable behaviour clear and ensure that appropriate behaviour is encouraged and recognised;
- Promote a sense of direction and feeling of common purpose in an environment which is safe and secure for all in our school community.
There are three basic principles upon which our behaviour policy is based:
- We believe that when a child demonstrates unacceptable behaviour, it is the behaviour which is unacceptable not the child
- We believe it is our duty to promote and encourage positive behaviour and not just react to that which is unacceptable
- We promote mutual respect between all members of the school community
These link into our school rules:
- We are gentle
- We look after property
- We are honest
- We work hard
- We are kind and helpful
- We listen
We are sure you will support school in working with us to achieve these aims and principles.
Please remember that your children are your responsibility on the playground until the bell rings at 8.55 a.m., and help us to instil in our children and their siblings Tannery Drift’s ‘Golden Rules’.